24 Dec Five Critical Voting Outcomes for the 2020 Elections
Liberal, open-minded men: In order to make significant, lasting change for women’s rights and opportunities, we need a massive blue wave of voting across 2020, culminating in the general election.
Maybe you’re asking questions such as “Where do I start?” and “How can I make a difference?”
Before plunging headlong into political activism, it’s important to be mindful of what matters the most in the end: electing a majority of Democrats at every level of government. It’s that simple. It’s that crucial. Democrats are now the only viable political party fighting for the rights of women, people of color, and the LGBTQ community, and I challenge anyone to prove otherwise.
The following are the five critical voting outcomes we need to achieve in November 2020. I’ve included links for you to keep handy and share (often), regarding what seats are up for grabs, voting records, and pending legislation.
- Electing the Democratic nominee for President. (Whomever it is! Enough said!)
- Defeating the 20 GOP U.S. Senators up for re-election. Know which U.S. Senator is voting for what
- Reelecting the 12 Democratic U.S. Senators up for re-election, and putting Democrats into two open seats in Arizona and Tennessee. Stay informed and lend support to Democratic U.S. Senate candidates in your state and others.
- Voting to continue and build upon the Democratic majority in the U.S. House of Representatives. Know which U.S. Rep is voting for what
- Defeating the 6 GOP Governors up for re-election, while voting to retain the 3 Democratic Governors up for re-election and putting Democrats into 2 open state houses. Know what kind of legislation is being proposed or has been adopted in specific states.
I hope this is helpful to you. If you know of other resources that can equip men like us to maintain a laser-like focus on the 2020 Election and its most important races, please contact me and share.