As a fiction writer (four novels to date), I explore the perspectives, strengths, and flaws of regular people seeking purpose in a volatile world. As a non-fiction writer (The 4 Spheres of Intentional Living) and blogger, I share insights and anecdotes for helping people to grow in physical, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual engagement.
I’ve been writing prose since I was a child. My professional work has taken me to various arenas, each building upon the other, but writing has been the golden thread and my first vocational love. I’ve worked as a journalist, pastor, financial advisor, professional speaker, leadership consultant, and executive coach, and learned so much about people and myself through all of these experiences.
Thank you for visiting, and I hope you find my writing insightful and inspiring.
My latest posts
- Kindness, Health, and Curiosity - As I hit a “milestone” birthday this weekend, I find myself grateful for the journey so far and excited about the possibilities going forward. There’s a lot of things I would do differently if I could regarding people, circumstances, and key choices. But I’ve learned and grown from every outcome, every disappointment, every ounce of […]
- Of Taxes and Courageous Leadership - Another partisan, highly-controversial piece of major legislation–taxes–is up for debate in the U.S. Senate. I’ve no idea as of right now what the outcome will be, but am certain that at least half the country will be upset with the final vote. It’s hard to think of the last time any piece of major legislation, […]
- Coaching to Vocation - One of my core values is striving to coach and equip people in a way that helps them to thrive, reaching and exceeding their personal and professional goals and discovering new ones along the way. I spend most of my time at work coaching people 1×1, and there’s nothing I love doing more as a […]
- Of Writing and Curiosity - One of my core values is writing prose that echoes what human beings experience. One particular mindset that is absolutely essential to such an effort is curiosity. We have much to learn from our pets, who are constantly exemplifying curiosity to us–sometimes to a fault, especially when it comes to dogs and table food or […]
- What Are You Reading? - Another one of my core values is learning as much as I can across disciplines, cultures, and geographies. And one of the chief ways I do that is through reading. I’ve read hundreds of books across my lifetime, spanning fiction and non-fiction, and have given away hundreds of these same books during seasons of de-cluttering […]