A lifelong fiction writer, I explore the perspectives, strengths, and flaws of people seeking purpose in a volatile world. Through non-fiction such as The 4 Spheres of Intentional Living and my blogs, I strive to help people grow in physical, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual engagement. You can follow my writing adventures and interact with me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
As a certified executive and life coach who incorporates mindfulness practices, I am open to thought partnership with any individual or organization that seeks to evolve. I also have a particular focus on Millennials, along with empowering people of color, women, and those who identify in some manner with the LGBTQ community. To learn more, please connect with me on LinkedIn.
My professional work has taken me to various arenas, each building upon the other, including journalism, publishing, the recording arts, ministry, financial services, health care, automotive, and wireless. I continue to learn something new every day, especially through getting to know people, places, and situations that differ from my own context.
Thank you for visiting, and I hope that we find a meaningful way to connect and support each other.
My latest posts
- Some of My Favorite Resources for Ongoing Learning and Development - Ted Talks https://www.ted.com/talks Podcasts: Radio Lab https://www.npr.org/podcasts/452538884/radiolab TED Radio Hour https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510298/ted-radio-hour Oprah’s Super Soul Conversations http://www.supersoul.tv/ The Tim Ferriss Show https://tim.blog/podcast/ Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders https://ecorner.stanford.edu/series/etl/ The Creative Exchange https://thecreativeexchange.simplecast.fm/ The Knowledge Project https://fs.blog/the-knowledge-project/ How to Be Awesome at Your Job https://awesomeatyourjob.com/podcast/ On Being https://onbeing.org/series/podcast/ Fresh Air https://www.npr.org/podcasts/381444908/fresh-air Coursera https://www.coursera.org/ HBR https://hbr.org/ Fast Company – Leadership Section https://www.fastcompany.com/leadership Forbes https://www.forbes.com/#56668b0d2254 Mindful magazine https://www.mindful.org/magazine/
- Paul Simon and the Music of the World - Last night’s Paul Simon concert in Nashville was one of the best I’ve ever attended. And it wasn’t just Simon’s beautiful singing, surprising energy, and creative approaches to tunes long-familiar and recent. Even more so, it was the amazing band that Simon generously allowed to shine throughout the two-hour event. Simon’s impressive blend of talent […]
- An Important Native American Holiday This Thursday - There are several Native American holidays celebrated throughout the calendar year. This Thursday, June 21, is the traditional day for the Inti Raymi Festival, coinciding with the winter solstice and the Native celebration of the sun as a life-giving power. Read here to learn more about each of these important holidays. The history of America […]
- Reflecting on Juneteenth - Today is Juneteenth. Take some time to reflect on the importance of this date, and what it means to each person who happens to reside in the United States. Like it or not, we have a unique, tragic history that is completely intertwined with the practice of slavery.
- Opioid Crisis Hurting the Economy? - Interesting article regarding possible connections between the opioid crisis and workforce participation. It’s vital that we do a better job helping those who suffer to get the emotional and medical support they truly need, for sustainable recovery and resumption of a meaningful life.