I help people experience more meaningful and satisfying lives and careers, through offering:
- Content (Books, Blogs, and Resources)
- Executive or Life Coaching
- Activism and Justice Tools
Since you’re here and your time is valuable, I’ll cut to the chase with a timeless, relevant question: What do you truly want?
I believe that each person alive today craves a fuller awareness and acknowledgement of their inherent dignity. Each longs for more freedom, for more states of flow, to love more and be loved more. Beneath all the daily activity and the constant churning of the mind, we are thirsty for what might overflow our cups with meaning and purpose.
However, these states of meaning do not happen on their own; at least, not consistently or sustainably. They’re realized for each person to the extent than an individual is willing to make an effort to cultivate certain personal attributes.
Three of these attributes are especially relevant for me: resilience, curiosity, and humility.
Resilience, curiosity, and humility work together to remind each of us of our dignity and that of others. They compel us to strive for freedom, to do the most good with the freedom we possess, and to never take it for granted. These three attributes position us to more frequently arrive in states of flow and lose track of time amid the exhilaration of doing something complex and deeply satisfying. Resilience, curiosity, and humility endeavor each of us to love and be loved, to see ourselves reflected in the windows of another’s eyes and open our hearts with spaciousness and tenderness.
Whomever and wherever you are, you want meaning. You want to be happier and suffer less. That shared human aspiration holds true whether you’re an affluent person of privilege, in any country, a person of color who’s suffered a lifetime of injustices, a liberal or a conservative or an independent. You wrestle each day with your own hopes, fears, and aspirations, and live with the outcomes of choices you’ve made across the decades in response to the contexts and situations in which you’ve found yourself.
If life has taught us anything, it’s revealed that nothing is permanent or inevitable. There are still choices to be made. While there’s much we cannot control as individuals, each of us does have some measure of latent ability to strive for our own experience of meaning—to pursue ever-evolving states of dignity, freedom, flow, and love, through making the daily effort to cultivate more resilience, more curiosity, and more humility.
Mindfulness, Learning Agility, and Storytelling
As I’ve continued to grow and learn, as I’ve thrived and stumbled through various experiences and seasons of life, I’ve noticed that three practices in particular are the most powerful, transformative, and relevant in the face of both possibilities and threats:
- Mindfulness: The practice of giving full focus to what’s happening within and around you, without judging yourself or others.
- Learning Agility: The practice of placing yourself in new, challenging situations and applying what you learn going forward.
- Storytelling: The practice of the art and science of influencing others through various means of communication.
.My website content and coaching aims to teach you to apply those three practices —in your relationships, your work, your hobbies, and more—in order to ultimately taste that deeper meaning that unleashes happiness, harnesses suffering, and makes life worth the arduous journey.
Here’s some quick tips on how to get started and use the resources on this website:
Get Started With Mindfulness, Learning Agility, and Storytelling
Visit these three blog collections for overviews, examples, and tips:
Get Started With Content
- Read this post for a deep dive on pursuing meaning in the face of unprecedented possibilities and threats
- Check out my three books, available on Amazon
- Explore some books that I love and think you might love as well
- Review some podcasts that I enjoy
Get Started With Executive or Life Coaching
- Learn about coaching
- Sign up for a complementary coaching session
- Learn about my extensive cross-industry experience, education, and credentials, visit my LinkedIn profile and check out this post on my career journey
Get Started With Activism and Justice
- Discover how to start practicing mindful activism in an intentional, organized manner
- Learn about the realities and responsibilities of white privilege
- Read about how to embrace and practice non-violence while fighting injustices
- Explore the “6 Ps” (and their roots) that have historically driven much of the racist thinking, rhetoric, and behavior that still permeate American culture
- Learn about seven core racial justice issues impacting Black people, Indigenous people, and People of Color, and how you can get involved in advocating for specific solutions
- Use these Activism Communications Templates to help you quickly and confidently communicate with elected and appointed officials, social media followers, friends, family, and skeptics or opponents, regarding the seven aforementioned core racial justice issues
- Explore some petitions worth signing
- Check out some non-profits I currently support that are successfully addressing numerous racial justice challenges
Please contact me with questions about this site and my services.
Thanks and take good care,