Prolonged disappointment can lead to self-absorption, which flows easily into distraction and, quite often, temptation. Enter into a day in the life of suburban advertising executive Jacob, as new friends try to illuminate his blind spots and open his heart afresh to compassion.
You’ll especially enjoy this book if you are one or more of the following:
- A suburban professional
- Spiritually hungry and open to practicing mindfulness
- An artist of any idiom
Questions you’ll ponder while reading this book:
- How dangerous is it to neglect doing what you love in life?
- In what ways do you nurture your life partner first and foremost?
- How can a person make the shift from narcissism to compassion?
- In what manner are you fully living in the present moment and embracing its gifts?
- If you were blind, who would you trust to guide you?
- What similarities do you see between good jazz music and a healthy community of friends or colleagues?
- Who are the “spiritual prophets” in your life that you might be blowing off right now?
- What are the “shoulds” that are trailing you across your life?
- In what manner do you live life from your heart?
- What or who are you taking for granted right now?