After 29-year-old Kate Hart`s career implodes, the highly-structured, lifelong Nashvillian stumbles into grad school to catch her breath, gain clarity and reignite her childhood poetry-writing passion. What Kate embraces across a single semester is far more life-changing than a few verses of iambic pentameter: a heroine`s journey into ambiguity (guided by the writings of Joseph Campbell), new friends straddling the borders of tragedy, the potential reconciliation of her fractured family…and the disappearance of a handsome, intriguing young man–just minutes after Kate falls in love with him.
You’ll especially enjoy this book if you are one or more of the following:
- Someone who enjoys Romantic Thrillers
- A wine lover!
- A Nashville resident or fan of the city
- Someone who enjoys mythology and the works of Joseph Campbell
Questions you’ll ponder while reading this book:
- What is the “hero’s journey,” and where do you currently find yourself on this journey?
- How do the qualities of a fine wine symbolize the qualities of a fine person?
- Think of someone or some institution that has wronged you. How are you healing and learning from this circumstance?
- What connections do you easily make between your senses and the dynamics of life that surround you?
- When you cannot get closure on something, how do you persevere anyway?
- What are the questions you currently long to answer, and which ones simply need to be asked more than fully answered?
- How have you learned to cope with a family member or friend who’s battled an addiction of some sort? If they are in recovery, how has your attitude toward them evolved?
To purchase The Wine Steward’s Lover, please click the Amazon button just below.