After 29-year-old Kate Hart`s career implodes, the highly-structured, lifelong Nashvillian stumbles into grad school to catch her breath, gain clarity and reignite her childhood poetry-writing passion. What Kate embraces across a single semester is far more life-changing than a few verses of iambic pentameter: a heroine`s journey into ambiguity (guided by the writings of Joseph Campbell), new friends straddling the borders of tragedy, the potential reconciliation of her fractured family…and the disappearance of a handsome, intriguing young man–just minutes after Kate falls in love with him.
You’ll especially enjoy this book if you are one or more of the following:
- Someone who enjoys Romantic Thrillers
- A wine lover!
- A Nashville resident or fan of the city
- Someone who enjoys the works of Joseph Campbell
Questions you’ll ponder while reading this book:
- What is the “hero’s journey,” and where do you currently find yourself on this journey?
- How do the qualities of a fine wine symbolize the qualities of a fine person?
- Think of someone or some institution that has wronged you. How are you healing and learning from this circumstance?
- What connections do you easily make between your senses and the dynamics of life that surround you?
- When you cannot get closure on something, how do you persevere anyway?
- What are the questions you currently long to answer, and which ones simply need to be asked more than fully answered?
- How have you learned to cope with a family member or friend who’s battled an addiction of some sort? If they are in recovery, how has your attitude toward them evolved?